Girls Everywhere Meeting the Saviour
Thursday nights 7 – 8:45 pm from last Thursday in September to April
Click to register online for the GEMS 2017-18 season.
Thurs., Sept 14, 7-8:45 pm if paying by cheque or cash
GEMS is a relationship building, club program created especially for girls!
Girls in grades two through eight are welcome to join. At club, they have the opportunity to participate in:
- Making new friends and being part of a caring small group
- Getting to know Jesus
- Participating in dynamic worship
- Learning actions and creative movements to songs
- Studying God’s Word–the Bible, and learning how to apply it to her life
- Developing important life skills through badge activities
- Making crafts that encourage others
- Participating in service projects that make a difference in other’s lives
- Finding answers to challenges that face girls today
The purpose of GEMS Girls’ Clubs is to bring girls into a living relationship with Jesus Christ. To help foster this all-important relationship between each girl and Christ, other relationships are nurtured as well – between girls, and between girls and their counselor (leader).
Girls in clubs are organized into small groups with one leader or counselor for each group of six to eight girls. It is through these small groups, and the weekly interactions that take place in club, that faith is nurtured and developed, and long lasting friendships are made.
The ministry of GEMS Girls’ Clubs has been serving churches for over 50 years! During these years, thousands of girls’ lives have been changed forever. Today, there are over 23,000 girls who are member of GEMS Girls’ Clubs, with 5,200 women enthusiastically serving as their counselors and mentors.
The ministry is non-denominational with club participation in several different denominations and non-denominational churches and Christian organizations throughout Canada, United States and the world! Culturally relevant curriculum is developed from a reformed perspective.
The activities in the GEMS Clubs are based on three age-appropriate levels, with a focus on a yearly theme.
AWARENESS LEVEL: 2nd-3rd grades
Girls participate in organized activities through which friendships naturally begin to develop.
Awareness Level activities teach:
- Who God is
- Sharing with others
- Stories from the Bible
- How to help others
- Being considerate
Girls also increase in their knowledge and understanding of God and how special it is to know Him and have Him in our hearts. A fun, engaging magazine called Sparkle is available with age-appropriate stories, recipes, Bible lessons, crafts and games.
DISCOVERY LEVEL: 4th-6th grades
Girls begin to understand that God has created them for a purpose, and that they can make a difference in the world by using the gifts and talents God has given them.
- Earning badges to help discover talents and develop new skills
- Learning to worship with regular opportunities for singing and creative movement
- Discovering more about who God is through His Word and His World
- Participate in service opportunities
Discovery level girls also receive an award winning, monthly magazine called SHINE brightly, filled with inspiring stories, quizzes, crafts, life lessons from the Bible, recipes, music and much more!
ADVANCED LEVEL: 7th-8th grades
The small group experience of the club setting continues to provide girls with a “safe environment” in which feelings and questions can be openly shared.
Girls learn about:
- God’s perspective on inner and outer beauty
- How to come face to face with God
- How to have joy even in difficult times
- Techniques for overcoming worry and doubt
- How to stand strong against peer pressure
- The importance of being physically and spiritually fit
- How important it is for God to be in their lives every day and that His help is necessary for making wise decisions
Shine brightly magazine is also available to all Advanced Level girls.
More information about the whole GEMS Ministry is available on their amazing website at www.gemsgc.org
For more information contact: email@example.com